At 3:27PM, August 28, 2016, Unit 1 of Xekaman 1 Hydropower Plant experienced 72 hour commissioning, officially joining the grid to Vietnam.

AH and Employer’s experts pose

Xekaman 1 Hydropower Plant và 230kV switchyard

Unit 1 of Xekaman 1 Hydropower Plant has design capacity of  145MW out of 326MW of Xekaman 1 HPP. Once operational, the Project will generate 1,3 billion kwh/year,of which, 90% (about 1,2 billion kwh/year) will be delivered to Vietnam’s Grid, remaining 10% will meet domestic consumption of Laos.

As planned, Unit 2 of Xekaman 1 Hydropower Plant will join the Grid in October, 2016 and Xekaman XanXay Hydropower Plant (36MW) will be operational in August, 2017.

Series of highlight photos:

On August 27, 2016, Mr. Le Van Ton – Member of BoDs of Song Da Corporation cum Chairman of BoDs of Viet Lao Power Joint Stock Company worked with AH and Employer’s experts to evaluate the load shedding, examined the Plant system and determined when to carry out 72 hour commissioning.

Tailrace of the Plant

AH’s experts pose with leaders of Xekaman 1 Power Company Limited.

AH’s experts instruct the Employer to operate Unit 1

Source: Pham Ngoc Dung